We are excited to bring you some of the top jazz educators and performers in the country. This big band camp is designed for enthusiastic instrumental students, grades 7 and older, to learn more about jazz style, improvisation, and performance. The camp is open to middle school, high school, college students, and along with interested community members with at least one year of study on their instrument.
The week which runs from Sunday, June 12 thru Friday, June 17 will include opportunities to work with professional musicians in a variety of settings such as:
- Ear Training Classes
- Improvisation Classes
- Big Band Rehearsals
- Lunch and Learn sessions with guests
- Concerts with faculty band
Contact Jim Martin, SCC Director of Instrumental Studies, at (636) 922-8538 or email@example.com for more information on the program, group rates, and scholarships.
June 12-17, 2022 from 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
A packet with additional instructions and scheduling will be electronically sent prior to the camp. Students will need to bring their own instruments including amps and cymbals (no drums).
Fees and Tuition
- Individual tuition is $399.
- Early Bird tuition is $349 until April 22.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available based on financial need.
Booster Club Matching Funds
- Check with your band director to see if Booster Club matching funds are available before registering.
- If you are a Band Director would like to arrange a Booster Club Matching Program for your students please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All events are on campus at St. Charles Community College.